Info for Accepted Artists
Show Hours: Sunday April 8th at UWSP Noel Fine Arts Center 10am-4pm
Please check the website prior to the festival for a
list of artists and booth numbers.
BOOTH SPACES: Booth spaces are approx. 8’x10’. Due to the organic floor plan, some spaces are wider and shallower than this. If you have a display with fixed dimensions, please note on contract. We have very limited 10x10" spaces. Only booth displays with system simliar to Flourish Mesh Panel that require your tent frame will be given those 10x10"booth spaces.We have done our best to honor everyone’s space requests with the unique layout of the building.
- Maps of the Noel Fine Art Center (1800 Portage St.) on the campus of University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, and of the booth number locations with entrances are attached to the email. There are two entrances into the building. There is an elevator near each two entrances.
SATURDAY LOAD-IN: Artists can bring in their display structure into the Noel Fine Art Center on Saturday April 7th from 7:30pm until 9pm. Please do not put out artwork. Security will lock building doors at 9pm, however UWSP Students have 24hr access into the building. If requested, assistance will be available for Artist’s set-up, break down, unloading and loading and booth sitting.
SUNDAY LOAD-IN STARTS AT 6:30 AM.
CHECK-IN- Please bring a copy of the artist info sheet to set-up. Check-in is upstairs at the information table in front of the Edna Carlsten Gallery on the second floor. Please sign up for a booth sitter if needed.
PARKING: Please move your vehicle to the farthest end of Parking Lot R across the street from the Noel Fine Art Building after load-in. All parking is free.
ARTIST LOUNGE: This is located behind the Edna Carlsten Gallery in Room 290. Coffee and breakfast will be available at 7:30am. Complimentary lunch and snacks will be available from 11am-2pm. The lounge will close at 2pm for clean-up. Adjoining kitchen will be available for retreat and snacks until 4pm.
- LIGHTING: Electrical hook ups are available for every space but please bring an extension cord. Please plug in your lights as soon as you can to make sure there are no problems. Our hired electrician will be available only from 8:30-10:30am. Wattage is limited to 500W.
ART RAFFLE: New this year- we are having an art raffle instead of a silent auction. Please take your piece to donate to the information desk by 9am. Your donation is greatly appreciated in helping fund the Festival Art Awards to UWSP Art, Graphic Design, Music, and Dance/Theatre.
FESTIVAL EVE BUFFET: All artists and their helpers are welcome to enjoy a buffet with fellow artists and sponsors at 6pm on Saturday April 7st. Dinner is held at The Newman Center, 2108 Fourth Ave in Stevens Point. Use Parking Lot T from Illinois Ave. The Newman Center is at the opposite end of Parking Lot T, on the corner of Reserve Street and 4th Ave.
SALES TAX IS 5.5%. We are in Portage County. Artists are responsible for collection and reporting sales tax.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Should you receive one of these several $50 gift certificates for the purchase of art please accept it and hold on to it until the end of the show. The floor manager Sharon Fujimoto will collect the gift certificates from the artists at 3:30pm and give artists a receipt to be reimbursed $50. You will not get paid the day of the event. All money has to go through the Community Foundation of Central WI because the Festival of the Arts is a non-profit organization. In 2-3 business days the CFCW will send you a check for $50.
- WiFi: Artists may connect to the guest wireless network. This is not a secure connection and should not be used for credit card transactions.
- Select UWSP_Unsecured_Guest from the list of available networks.
- Click Connect
- Attempt to navigate to any website
- You will be redirected to the UWSP Guest Wireless Log on page
- Enter a non-UWSP email address
- Click Connect and you should be connected.
SURVEY: Please fill out the artist survey. We will collect surveys at 3:30, and in trade the artist will receive a sweet treat.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Please like us on Facebook. Stevens Point Festival of the Arts. User name is @PointFoA. Instagram and hashtag at #StevensPointFoA, #PointFoa Attached to the email is a digital postcard (pdf format) for you to use to help advertise our event.
Contact Jessie Fritsch at 715-252-4125 or email@example.com if you have any further questions.
The 2019 Festival of the Arts date will be announced on Facebook and our website in the Fall.
based on overall quality, not by category
one- Best of Show ($500)
- five- Awards of Excellence($200)
five- Invitational Awards. No cash award but invited to 2019 FoA